Ashington Page’s 2021 Covid-19 update on House Moving during Lockdown
Following the announcement by Boris Johnson on the evening of 4th January, when further lockdown measures were announced in England (lasting at least until 15th February and likely to be longer) estate and letting agents have been allowed to remain working, in order to facilitate house moves & maintenance of tenanted homes. Following clear guidance by our regulatory bodies ARLA Propertymark, NAEA and The Guild of Property Professionals, Ashington Page will continue to work adhering to strict health and safety guidelines and we welcome the opportunity to continue to find people homes in the Beaconsfield area. For your peace of mind, our safe-working procedures in the office are as follows:
- Safety screen have been fitted screens, along with 2m distancing of our office workstations.
- Masks are being worn at all times and hand sanitiser is available in the office.
- An appointment system is in place to restrict numbers entering the office.
- Staff are manning the office on a rota basis to limit physical connections.
With all of this in place, we feel very confident about the safety of our clients and staff within our office environment and we welcome your custom.
We we are very mindful that 1 in 3 people have Covid-19 and stress that the key message to us has been to reduce the number of people mixing as much as possible. We are obviously concerned about safety procedures outside of the office, which is, of course, paramount to our work. Our team, of course, are adhering to government safety guidelines and have full PPE with them at all times, and we therefore ask our customers to follow these basic safety procedures:
- All appointments must be booked in advance – either on email or by phone – using the normal numbers as when staff are working from home they continue to use the main office communication methods.
- Please view properties using our online video tours (where applicable) in the first instance.
- Do not book appointments if you have been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID symptoms or if you, yourself, have symptoms.
- Ensure that only 2 adults attend viewings, wearing face masks and sanitising hands before and after entering the property.
- Please limit touching anything inside the property, ask the agent to do this for you as they will sanitise surfaces before and after.
- Please ensure you are genuinely interested in moving and refrain from ‘passing the time’ or ‘being curious’ and making unnecessary physical appointments at this time.
- If you are a tenant, please ensure you have all of your verification information on hand when you register, as all applicants will be pre-qualified before being able to view rental property.
We will endeavour to keep in touch with all our customers very regularly and, rest assured, we are committed to keeping our clients safe over the coming weeks or months. If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.